Things get stressful out there. Massage is an important part of supporting a relaxation response. Tension which is held in the muscles due to stress, poor nutrition, bad posture, repetitive motion, injuries, and any number of other related factors, causes the body to become misaligned and painful. New Image Med Spa offers massage in Chandler, AZ that will begin to undo those harmful effects on the body.
The Benefits of Massage Include:
- Reduction of Pain – People suffering from back and neck pain are often out of alignment. This can happen when an injury or other source of tension causes the muscles to become unevenly tense, pulling bones out of their natural alignment and possibly pinching nerves in the process. Massage can relax the muscles and return the body’s musculoskeletal system to its natural condition, thereby elevating the tension and source of pain.
- Headaches – Similar to neck and back pain, headaches are often caused by tension. Tension restricts natural blood flow and can put pressure on the nerves, causing headaches. Massage therapy can reduce tension and ease the resulting pain.
- Osteoarthritis – Massage therapy increases blood flow and helps move stagnant fluid out of joints and areas where it may be causing inflammation. This helps range of motion as well as reduces stiffness and pain caused by osteoarthritis.
- Anxiety and Depression – Massage has been shown to lower levels of cortisol by as much as 50%. Cortisol is a stress hormone that goes into overdrive during moments of high anxiety and has also been linked to depression. Over time it suppresses the immune system and even effects the body’s ability to properly absorb the nutrients in food.
- Improved Immunity – The lymphatic system is a large part of the immune system. The lymphatic system carries nutrients to the blood and carries away the waste and byproducts. Lymph nodes are filtering systems where the cells are cleaned of bacteria and viruses. Unlike the blood, which is pumped by the heart, the lymph is moved around through muscle contraction. In our current desk-confined lifestyle, most people don’t get the movement they need to adequately circulate lymph. This is where massage comes in. Full body massaging moves lymph through each area of the body, moving it into and out of the lymph nodes, thereby improving one’s immunity.
- Range of Motion – Injuries, such as car accidents or sports injuries, often cause the body to become misaligned. Either there is a jarring impact or a break or strain that then heals in an awkward position. Scar tissue also sets in. Each of these situations serves to decrease range of motions. Massage realigns the body and breaks up scar tissue.
Massage at New Image Med Spa is offered by ALW Massage Therapy. Every hour massage will be the FULL 60 minutes full body session.
In Chandler, AZ we also offer aromatherapy, a scalp massage and reflexology to promote deeper relaxation and increase overall well being. For more information or to book your appointment, call our office at (480) 725-7235.
Types of Massage We Offer:
- Custom Massage
- Medical Massage
- Sports Massage
- Thai Yoga Massage
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Pregnancy Massage
- Polarity Therapy
- Massage for Disabled People
- Chair Massage
- Corporate Events
- Pamper Parties or Events
More Wellness Services